Jerry Dagrella is an 18-year veteran trial lawyer who routinely serves as lead trial and appellate counsel in a wide range of complex and high-stakes disputes. He has earned a reputation as a tenacious, strategic and effective advocate. He has cross-examined officers of billion-dollar companies and tried numerous multi-million dollar cases to verdict, representing both defendants and plaintiffs. He has gone toe-to-toe with some of the most highly-regarded law firms in the nation and regularly defeated trial lawyers from such top schools as Harvard, Stanford and Yale. He has obtained superb results time after time for his clients, ranging from multi-national corporations and non-profits to small businesses and individuals. Notable results include:
- Obtained a complete defense judgment in high-profile case following a 17-day trial, which was affirmed on appeal (Court of Appeal Opinion), and resulted in total vindication and victory for client in dispute over $10 million estate. (See: News)
- Awarded a $7.89 million judgment for fraud against developer on behalf of investor client — 52 times more than the opponent’s pre-trial settlement offer of $150,000!
- Successfully defended and settled over $250 million in loan guarantees on behalf of developer clients by aggressively challenging the validity and enforceability of the mortgage instruments.
- Successfully defended, in trial court and on appeal (Court of Appeal Opinion), antitrust suit filed against 29 developer clients asserting claims of tying arrangements and unfair/fraudulent business practices; then sued the plaintiffs’ attorney for malicious prosecution.
- Routinely obtain dismissals for clients, with sanctions and attorneys’ fees awarded, under Code of Civil Procedure Section 128.7. (See: Articles)
Mr. Dagrella was born in Brooklyn, New York and raised in a military family that moved across country, eventually settling in California where he attended CSU—Monterey Bay (former Fort Ord military base) on an academic scholarship and Golden Gate University’s Graduate School of Taxation. He began attending law school at the young age of 19 at the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. He received numerous academic accolades during his time in law school and was one of the youngest graduates in the school’s history upon receiving his Juris Doctor in 2001. He has written for well-respected publications, including the Global Business & Development Law Journal and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Your Civil Liberties .
Following law school, Mr. Dagrella honed his skills as a trial lawyer in the Los Angeles office of a 700-lawyer New York-based international firm—one of the largest, most prestigious in the world—with clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to high profile celebrities. He afterwards joined and was elected partner at Best Best & Krieger, LLP, among the largest law firms in the state. Throughout the years, many of his cases have been profiled by print and television media.
Mr. Dagrella is admitted to practice in all California State Courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California. He is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Riverside County Bar Association and American Bar Association.