Jerry Dagrella is a 17-year veteran trial lawyer who routinely serves as lead trial and appellate counsel in a wide range of complex and high-stakes disputes. He has earned a reputation as a tenacious, strategic and effective advocate. When faced with a tough, complex, challenging dispute in court, he shines. He has cross-examined officers of billion-dollar companies and tried numerous multi-million dollar cases to verdict, representing both defendants and plaintiffs. He has gone toe-to-toe with some of the most highly-regarded law firms in the nation and regularly defeated trial lawyers from such top schools as Harvard, Stanford and Yale. He has obtained superb results time after time for his clients, ranging from multi-national corporations and non-profits to small businesses and individuals. Notable results include:
- Awarded $7.89 million judgment for fraud against developer on behalf of investor client (judgment is 52 times larger than the developer’s pre-trial settlement offer).
- Routinely obtain dismissals for clients, with sanctions and attorneys’ fees awarded, under Code of Civil Procedure Section 128.7. (See http://www.dagrella.com/articles.)
- Awarded $3 million judgment in real estate partnership dispute.
- Judgment for client in high-profile case following month-long trial.
- Successfully defended and settled over $250 million in loan guarantees on behalf of developer clients by aggressively challenging the validity and enforceability of the mortgage instruments.
- Successfully defended, in trial court and on appeal, antitrust suit filed against 29 developer clients asserting claims of tying arrangments and unfair/fraudulent business practices.
Mr. Dagrella was born in Brooklyn, New York and raised in a military family that moved across country, eventually settling in California where he attended CSU—Monterey Bay (former Fort Ord military base) on an academic scholarship and Golden Gate University’s Graduate School of Taxation. He began attending law school at the young age of 19 at the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. He was one of the youngest graduates in the school’s history upon receiving his Juris Doctor in 2001. He published in the prestigious law journal and received numerous academic accolades during his time in law school. His published works include a scholarly piece in the legal academic journal, The Transnational Lawyer Law Journal (2000, vol. 13, pp. 363-390), and Chapter 23 of the book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Your Civil Liberties (Michael Levin, Alpha Books, 2003).
Following law school, Mr. Dagrella accepted an associate position at a 700-lawyer international firm—one of the largest, most prestigious in the world—with clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to high profile celebrities. He afterwards joined and was elected partner at Best Best & Krieger, LLP, among the largest law firms in the state.
Mr. Dagrella is admitted to practice in all California State Courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California. He is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Riverside County Bar Association and American Bar Association.