Real Estate Litigation
Representing owners, developers, lenders, investors, borrowers, landlords and tenants in every type of dispute involving real property such as those arising from:
- Purchase/sale contracts and options, including interpretation, breach of contract, and specific performance actions, as well as rescission and restitution claims
- Title matters, including bona fide purchaser/encumbrancer status, lien and ownership priority, easement rights, adverse possession and other prescriptive rights, and accretion/erosion issues
- Fraud, misrepresentation, and failures to disclose in a variety of different types of real estate transactions
- Management and operating agreements, including shopping center operater issues, as well as common area maintenance and other reconcilation issues
- Section 17200 claims for unlawful, unfair and/or fraudulent business practices
Representing businesses and individuals in virtually every type of complex business dispute, including ownership percentage disputes, dissolution, participation rights, termination and dilution (squeeze down or out) issues, director and officer liability, alter ego claims, minority shareholder rights, breach of fiduciary duty claims, tortious interference and business interruption claims, trade secret misappropriation and employment disputes.
Representing owners, general contractors, developers, public agencies, and design professionals in a broad range of construction disputes–bid disputes, defective construction claims, and payment disputes, including mechanic’s lien and bond claims–arising from private and public works projects, including design-build, design-bid-build and construction management project delivery systems.
Representing developers and lenders in secured and unsecured lending disputes involving defense and enforcement of guaranty agreements (“sham guaranty defense”), challenges to loan assignments, deficiency claims, receivership, foreclosures, and prejudgment attachments.
Representing property owners and tenants of retail, office and industrial properties in all aspects of the landlord/tenant relationship, including disputes regarding leases and ancillary documentation, rights of first refusal, common area maintenance (CAMs), tenant improvements (TIs), trade fixtures, assignments and subletting, violations of zoning and use restrictions, waste and nuisance.